GPS usage was discussed.
- Andy attached his laptop to the platform and sent drive and turn signals.
- It was discovered that vex motors can be controlled by the servo control board.
- A Vex battery charger was disassembled to understand the complexity of the electronics necessary to charge a Ni-Cad battery.
- The batteries used for the Rock crawler were identified to be Li-Po type (Lithium-ion Polymer)
- A project on the make website was found which details the construction of a Li-Po charge kit for $10
- Andy disassembled the Vexplorer wireless camera to see if the data feed could be used to inform the Magellan platform.
- The compass GUI program was hacked to the fewest lines of code necessary to feed the data into a larger program.
- Identified goals for presentation of the bot at the first 99 meeting